Yavapai County Community Health Services is offering free one-on-one enrollment assistance meetings to anyone living in Yavapai County that doesn't currently have insurance, is not happy with the health insurance coverage they have, or just wants to know more about how the new Healthcare Reform Act and the Affordable Care Act will effect them personally.
At these meetings you will learn:
- What the “Marketplace” is and how it will effect you.
- How the Marketplace and the AHCCCS Eligibility Expansion works.
- Important dates you need to know about to avoid a gap in insurance coverage.
- What financial assistance is available to you.
- What the Individual Responsibility Requirement is.
- What Yavapai County Community Health Services is doing to prepare for the Affordable Care Act.
- Assistance with the online application for either AHCCCS (Medicaid) or Marketplace Insurance.
Here are some helpful resources:
About the Marketplace (English)
Get Ready to Enroll in the Marketplace
Key Dates for the Health Insurance Marketplace
Marketplace Application Checklist
Things to Think About When Choosing a Plan
Value of Health Insurance (English)
Find Premium Estimates
If you would like more information on the topics covered, the important dates you need to know about or what YCCHS is doing to prepare YC residents for the New Healthcare Reform Act, please contact David McAtee at 928-442-5509, David.McAtee@Yavapai.us.